What’s your tequila IQ? Allow me to impart some knowledge. Study carefully, my friends.
Tag : taco
The countdown continues…3 days until Taco Guild’s grand opening. Here’s a sneak peek of the masterpiece we’ve created.
Nineteen days until my Project G comes to life at the fine pub and eatery, Taco Guild. Because I love tequila, I want all of my friends at Taco Guild to experience the fruit of the agave with me. But first, allow me to share a bit of knowledge gained throughout my tequila connoisseur pursuits.
2. Blue agave plants grow particularly well in the blue volcanic soil surrounding this region.
3. Agave plants take 8-12 years to mature.
4. Tequila is classified in two categories –
- 100% agave. These top-notch tequilas are made entirely from the fermented juice of agave. Meaning all alcohol is a direct result of the fermentation of the agave and only the agave, no supplements are added. The end result is better, smoother tasting tequila.
- Mixto. As the name implies, these tequilas are a mixture of at least 51% fermented agave juice and fermented sugarcane. Mixto offers a less expensive approach to tequila making, but can compromise flavor and contribute to undesirable hangovers.
6. Contrary to popular practice, tequila should be sipped slowly, not shot. The intention is to enjoy the fine flavors as they cross your palate.
Take time to enjoy the rich history and smooth flavors of fine tequila. More importantly, sip slowly and drink responsibly.
Good afternoon fellow friends!
I’ve learned that First Fridays is a lively evening celebrating the spirit and excitement of downtown Phoenix. Tomorrow’s adventure…touring art galleries, venues and mingling with you. Join me downtown between the hours of 6 to 10 pm.